Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Beginning Stages

Today was my last day of classes. HOORAY! I don't think I did very well on my Biology test, though... ah well. I'm almost positive I passed, so I'm not too worried.

I sketched out a couple of faces last night and saw myself improving a lot, so that's good. I haven't drawn in FOREVER so seeing some progress is comforting. I, however, am a little antsy today and can't sit and draw anymore. The boyfriend's flight is delayed by about 3 hours and I'm sitting here in the guest room at his house trying to be productive. /sigh

BUT this is awesome. This means I have time to make a company to-do list! :D I won't post it all here because that would be ridiculous. But I will start posting things that I complete and accomplish so that people can see generally the path that I've taken... and hopefully tell me if I'm doing something wrong, or use it for their own companies (assuming I succeed).

As I sit here now, I want very badly to quit my current job. I want to for a number of reasons.
#1) My boss and I don't communicate well at all and I feel like I don't have very good direction.
#2) It's a dead end. There is no progression. There is only improvement in one area (which is not what I want to do with my life).
#3) The only real challenge is communicating, not in the task at hand.
#4) It's more systematic than creative, and I NEEEEEED to be creative!
#5) It's REALLY far from my house and to work there at all I have to dedicate a week of my life to staying at my boyfriend's house just so I can work and not have to drive so far every day.

Anyway, you get the idea. Lots of reasons. But I keep the job because of the money. I don't even make that much. But I keep it because I need to pay off my student loans and I doubt I could make enough just with crafts to keep myself afloat.

HOWEVER... I do still live with my parents. And I could always put a pause on the student loans by calling the company and telling them I'm unemployed. So... I would basically have a few months this summer to experiment and see how well the company did. This would be the perfect time to try.
But... I like having at least a little spending money... And I'm afraid of failing at building this company.

Step #1 > Overcome my fear of failure and actually take the leap.

No comments:

Post a Comment